Department of operations:
Beatriz Villafuerte (mobile, 24 hours): (English and Spanish spoken) – firstname.lastname@example.org / 984-938-146
Emergency Mobile (24 hrs): +51 (01) 997551961
Shawn Cable (Office hours 8.30am-1pm / 3pm-7pm): (English and Spanish spoken) - email@example.com (0051)(84) 24 04 24
To dial from abroad: To dial from Lima: To dial in the department of Cusco:
(0051)(84) 24 04 24
Peru is growing into a very popular holiday destination, we recommend planning your visit well in advance.
Chaska Tours step-by-step procedures regarding confirmation of your package:
- Once we receive a request for a quote, we will immediately create one or two travel itineraries for you using all of our travel experience here in Peru. The itineraries will include all of the places that you wish to visit and more.
- We will then send you the itineraries, which you will be able to revise and adapt, and through close correspondence with our sales executive we will reach the best itinerary to suit your needs.
- Once we have your final itinerary we will then determine which hotels are available in your chosen category and if applicable, train times and international flights.
- If the hotels listed are not available, we will send you more options.
- If you wish to proceed with the proposed itinerary then we will provide you with a quote within 48 hours.
- If you accept our quote you must confirm your reservations within 48 hours by email including all the personal information requested (Please see Terms & Conditions below) and by making a deposit or full payment.
- Deposit payment is 30% of the total price per person. The final balance is payable 45 days prior to departure.
- If the departure date is less than 45 days prior to departure then the full payment is required.
- Once we receive the payments we will immediately confirm your reservations.
- National flight prices fluctuate daily and the quoted prices may change from the time of quote to the time of payment. We will inform you of any drop or increase in prices.
- Once we have purchased your flights we will send you the reservation codes and the flight details by email.
- If The Inca Trail is part of the package, we will purchase the permits immediately. Important: Inca trail permits are not transferable which means that once we have purchased the permits it is not possible to change the date or the name on the permits.
- We will then need time to process your reservations including transfers, excursions, meals, train tickets and guides according to your specific itinerary.
- The exact final itinerary (including your confirmed schedule for tours, hotels, flights, transfers and train departures) will be sent to you by the sales executive at a date closer to the departure of your tour package. (Normally 3 weeks prior to departure)
Terms and Conditions
We accept bookings by e-mail together with a deposit of 30% of the total package price per person paid into our bank account. Once we have received your reservation details and the deposit payments then your confirmation will be sent to you, which will include: confirmation of your trip; pre-departure information; and a receipt for the payment received. Last minute bookings should be paid in FULL. All reservations must include the necessary information below (It is the client’s responsibility that all the personal and flight information is correct):
Please complete and send the following details for each traveler:
- Name (as written in your passport):
- Passport number:
- Date of birth:
- Home address:
- Work address:
- Home phone number:
- Work Phone number:
- Mobile number:
- Emergency contact for duration in Peru:
- Contact phone number:
- Contact email:
To coordinate your transfers in Lima we also need to know your international flight details:
- Arrival Date:
- Arrival time:
- Flight Company:
- Departure Date:
- Arrival time:
- Flight Company:
Please send a preliminary list of all the passengers in the group at least 60 days before the arrival and the final list 45 days before the arrival.
Please send a list of all the passengers at the time of making your reservations. RESERVATION CHANGES Any changes in reservation details (number of passengers, tours, passport numbers) must be done at least 45 days prior to departure.
A deposit of 50% must be received at the time of booking. The remaining balance must be paid 60 days before arrival.
A pre-payment of 30% must be received at the time of booking. The complete payment of the program must be done 45 days before arrival. If the reservation is made less than 45 days before trip departure then the total price must be paid at the time of booking.
Payments are made via Pay-pal or Bank Transfer (Details below). If the payment is NOT received within 48 hours of making the reservation then we reserve the right to cancel your reservation.
Chaska Tours E.I.R.L. BANCO DE CREDITO DEL PERU
Account Number USD $: 285-1924347-1-44
Prices are in USD $ and are subject to changes without previous notification. All prices will be confirmed in your confirmation of reservation.
Prices do not include:
- Any travel visa expenses
- Any additional services
- Airport taxes
- Excess luggage
- Personal expenses
- Insurance - We recommend to all passengers to have travel insurance.
Chaska Tours accept cancelations by e-mail.
- Cancelations made between booking and 61 days before arrival incurs a loss of 20% of the total price.
- Cancelations made 60 to 45 days before arrival incurs a loss of 30% of the total price.
- Cancelations made 44 to 15 days before arrival incurs a loss of 70% of the total price.
- Cancelation made 14 to 0 days before arrival incurs a loss of 100% of the total price.
- A ‘no-show’ incurs a loss of 100% of the total price.
NOTE: A special cancelation policy applies for the 2 and 4 day Inca Trail programs:
Cancelations of Inca trail and other treks:
Due to the fact that we not only need to buy non-transferable/non-refundable Inca trail permits for clients but also Chaska tour staff (including porters, chefs and guides) the cancelation policy is different:
- Cancelations made between booking and 31 days before departure incurs a loss of 50% of total price.
- Cancelations made 30 to 15 days before arrival, incurs a loss of 75% of the total price.
- Cancelations made 14 to 0 days before departure incurs a loss of 100% of the total price.
- A ‘no-show’ incurs a loss of 100% of the total price.
Cancelations of flights will come under the cancelation policies of the specific airline but we Chaska Tours will also charge USD $ 20.00 for each ticket for administration costs.
Changes and Refunds
Passengers, who voluntarily give up any service included in the program during its development, will not receive any kind of refund.
We DO NOT provide any travel insurance. It is the client’s responsibility to obtain adequate personal travel insurance before coming to Peru.
The insurance must include personal accident, medical expenses, air ambulance, loss of effects, repatriation costs and any other expenses which may arise as a result of loss, damage, injury or inconvenience to the client.
If you are planning to participate in any activity considered "risky" by the insurance company e.g. trekking, climbing, rafting, etc. - make sure that these are included in your Policy. Please bring a copy of the Policy Document with you. If a client is taken ill we will do all that is necessary to get them the proper treatment, including evacuation from the mountain and hospitalization if necessary BUT THESE COSTS WILL HAVE TO BE ASSUMED BY THE INDIVIDUAL CLIENT.
You MUST be in general good health to join any of our trips. Our tour leaders and Guides are authorised to disqualify any client who they believe is unfit for the demands of the trip - In this instance Refunds WILL NOT be given. Chaska Tours provides a comprehensive First Aid Kit for each trip, however it is the responsibility of each client to bring whatever specific medications they need. We will also send you a suggested Personal First Aid Kit list with your pre-departure information.
Minimum number of Passengers
In the case we are not be able to reach the minimum of 4 people for the 4-day Inca Trail we will still buy the Inca trail permits and your group will be operated by Chaska tour guides. The only difference in service is that transport and meals are shared with the other operators.
Return train to Cusco
The Expedition train leaves Aguas Calientes at 16:43 hrs and arrives at Poroy (20 minutes from Cusco) at 20:13 hrs (Times are approximate) The Expedition service no longer runs direct to Cusco central and a transfer is required from Poroy to Cusco city centre. We provide you with a private transfer from Poroy station to your hotel.
In high season the trains become fully booked and therefore we might have to reserve the Expedition train for a different time and which only runs to Ollantaytambo after which you will continue to Cusco by bus (included in the price).
Visit our office
Unless we have previously arranged to meet you, you will need to visit us at our office once you arrive to Cusco. We will need to go through certain details with you and also take the details of your hotel/hostel in Cusco.
Customers doing a trek
If you are doing a trek with Chaska tours then you will need to pay the final balance 2 or 3 days before the trek departure. Chaska Tours reserves the right to cancel your trek if you fail to come in to the office.
Chaska Tours reserves the right to make changes to any program itinerary or to cancel a trip if the safety of our Clients or Staff is at risk. In this case a refund of all unused payments will be made.
Chaska Tours is not responsible for additional expenses caused by loss, theft, injury, damage, accident, malfunctions, cancellations, delays or any other unforeseen events. Please note that itineraries are subject to change or cancelation due to unforeseen and unusual events beyond the company’s control including weather conditions, flight delays, buses & train problems, political disputes or similar. We will do our best in these circumstances to re-accommodate you to your best interests. All such losses or expenses will be the responsibility of the customer - we therefore recommend having Insurance with cover for any of the events mentioned above. Any unused activities or benefits, which are included in your package, are non-refundable.
Personal documents Passport, visa, health requirements and travel insurance is responsibility of the client. Chaska Tours recommends obtaining travel insurance against cancellation and medical coverage.
Taxes Rates are listed in American Dollars and include taxes and service charges for Non-residents in Peru. Peruvian passengers are only required to pay 18% IGV on hotel accommodation.
Money On arrival in Peru it is a good idea to exchange American dollars so that you have Nuevo soles. Although most places accept both US dollars and Nuevo soles it is better to have local currency. It is also important to know that in most exchange houses do not accept even the slightest damaged or marked US dollar bills.
Health advisory Machu Picchu is at high altitude, between 2600mtrs (8,500ft) and 2900mtrs (9,500ft) and the visit requires medium to sometimes-active physical activity. Participants should be fit and in good condition to participate and visit the Sanctuary. Chaska Tours recommends consulting your physician in case you have any doubts about your health before traveling to Peru.
Tips for altitude Cusco is at a high altitude of approximately 3600mtrs (11,811 ft). It is important to have a medical check before coming to Peru - consult your doctor about altitude sickness pills. On arrival to Peru it is important to take 2 days to acclimatize and to rest on the first day as much as possible, eat lightly and drink 2 liters of water or electrolyte drinks like Gatorade. If you are short of breath and feel signs of altitude sickness ask your hotel receptionist to provide oxygen. Having 15 minutes of oxygen makes a big difference. Sleeping with a couple of cushions under your head also helps.
Seat Belts Under the Peruvian law 027-2006-MTC Front seat passengers must be wear their seat belts at all times. Chaska Tours strongly recommends that all passengers wear their seat belts at all times were possible. Chaska Tours and associates are not responsible for verbally suggesting the application of seat belts. It is passenger’s responsibility.
Luggage Policies & Identity Requirements Peru Rail changed its policies regarding luggage: 01 bag or backpack must not exceed 5kg/11pounds or 62 inches/157cm (length + height + width). This means you should bring along a small backpack to Machu Picchu. You can leave your main luggage at your hotel or at our Cusco office. We have noticed that it is possible to exceed the mentioned weight and measures at some degree, but it is not possible to bring large suitcases. Chaska Tours can provide duffle bags at no cost, which are to be returned after using and which can also be purchased at $ 20.00 each.
Route Departure Arrival
Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu 08:53hs 10:23hs
Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo 13:58hs 15:38hs
All luggage exceeding the dimensions described above, can be transported on a luggage car available at:
Up to 10Kg - NO CHARGE From 11 kg US$ 1.80 (including tax) per kg
Storage at Ollantaytambo: - Monday to Sunday 07:00hs to 19:00hs - Service Price: US$ 5.00 including tax (per day or less), per bag.
With the growing importance of security worldwide within the transport sector, as of April 15th, 2007 Peru Rail will require that each passenger boarding a train service must submit their train ticket or identity card (original) or photocopy. Without this the passenger will not be able to board the train (SUNAT Resolution 156-2003-SUNAT, Tributary Code). For passengers’ safety, Peru Rail reserves the right to verify these documents on board, or through the police if deemed necessary (Law 28366).
General Terms and Conditions
- Please check our website for more information about our terms & conditions and cancellation policy: http://www.chaskatours.com/Terms-and-Conditions-1
- At the moment of booking (hotels, excursions, etc, etc.) a deposit of 30% of the total amount has to be made.
- All prices mentioned are per person unless otherwise specified
- Forty-five days before your arrival the total amount has to be deposited on our account, meaning the remaining 70% of the amount to be paid.
- Reservations of international and domestic flights are subject to 100% payment immediately upon confirmation of reservations.
- Cancellations of airline tickets are according to the cancellation policies of the specific
- airline you will use for your flights. In case of cancellation, Chaska Tours will charge USD $20.00 for each ticket for administration costs.
- No refunds will be given for portions of tour or packages not used due to passenger’s decision.
- Chaska Tours reserves the right to alter the program.
- Last minute bookings can be accepted under the conditions that hotels, trains, flights, tours
- and hikes can be altered and will depend on availability.
- Each client has to send his/her personal information correctly. Chaska Tours is not responsible
- for erroneous data and any difficulties, cancellations or additional charges that may arise.
- Each client is responsible for sending the correct arrival and departure times of his/her
- national and international flights to Chaska Tours in order to arrange their transfers.
We offer two options for payments:
1) Direct bank transfer to our US account in Miami (in US Dollars): CITIBANK Savings account number: 3106381989 Name: PIETER ANE ROOS Routing / ABA number: 266086554 Address of the bank: CITIBANK N.A. SOUTH BEACH 1685 WASHINGTON AVE MIAMI BEACH, FL 33139
2) Payment via Paypal. Paypal accepts all major Credit cards. We will send you a request for payment.
Incase of emergency after hours for delayed or canceled flights or missed transfers or anything else unfortunate that could possibly occur which interrupts the flow of the stated itinerary please call immediately to Beatriz who is coordinating all reservations and transfers on +51 (84) 984-938-146