Trujillo and Chiclayo
My girlfriend and I just came back from 2 weeks in Peru. We had the most wonderful experience through Chaska tours. http://www.chaskatours.com/ They arranged everything from the flight, hotels, the trek and our visits to Arrequipa and Lima. The service provided by their guides and the office employees were exceptional.
Discover fascinating remains from the pre-Inca civilizations centered around the northern coast of Peru. This rarely visited area offers the discerning traveller an off-the-beaten-path vacation, away from the crowds.
From Lima, make your way to Trujillo and start this tour on any day of the week.
Trujillo is a beautiful city located in the northern coast of Peru and is known as the "Capital of the everlasting Spring", "The Capital of the Marinera" (a traditional dance in Peru), the cradle of the Peruvian Paso Horse, as well as the capital of culture in Peru.
Chiclayo is known as the "Capital of Friendship" and the pearl of the north, the city has beautiful colonial architecture, delicious seafood and it is also known for its natural medicines.
This tour can be booked as an extension to any other tours we have in our website.
- Spend time at some sunny fishing villages where traditions did not change for centuries.
- Explore some of the fascinating adobe constructions from the Moche and Chimu Cultures.
- Visit the tomb of the "Lord of Sipan" and the fabulous onsite museum.
- See the fabulous intact murals at the adobe pyramid of the "Huaca el Brujo".
- Get a glimpse of what local healers buy as they shop for ingredients for medicines at a local herb market.
- Enjoy having the flexibility to spend more time in the area to explore and discover even more.
Departures:Daily departures year roundDestinations:Trujillo and Chiclayo in the Northern PeruReservation code:NP4
- Arrival by flight or bus to Trujillo, transfer to the selected hotel in Trujillo or Huanchaco. Excursion to the "Huaca de la Luna" and Chan Chan. Overnight in Trujillo
- Private transportation to Chiclayo, private guided excursion to the "Huaca el Brujo", visit the herbal market, where healers (shamans) buy their herbs. Visit Santa Rosa a traditional fishing town. Overnight in Chiclayo
- Private excursion to the archaeological site of Túcume, museum Tumbas Reales, afternooon visit to the archaeological site of "Huaca Rajada" (the tomb of the "Lord of Sipán"). Overnight in Chiclayo
- Transfer to the airport or bus-station for your return to Lima.
Day 1: Trujillo, "Huaca de la Luna" and Chan Chan
On your arrival to Trujillo by plane or bus, we will be waiting for you to take you to your selected hotel in Trujillo or Huanchaco. Later we will start with our tour to the "Huaca de la Luna", an adobe brick pyramid made by the Moche culture (100 - 750 AC) which is decorated with mural paintings that represent their main deity, Ai–Paec, known as the Decapitator. We visit the monument and its interesting on-site museum. Afterwards we visit the beach town Huanchaco, where fishermen have been fishing with reed boats called "Caballitos De Totora", they were made since pre-Inca times. We will have time for a delicious lunch and after la time to relax on the beach, we will continue our day visiting Chan Chan city, the capital de Chimú dynasty (1200 a 1470 AC) and the largest mud brick city of America. Afterwards we visit the "Huaca Arco Iris" , 'El Dragón', an important ceremonial site in Chan Chan.
Overnight in Trujillo
Day 2: "Huaca el Brujo" - herbal market - Santa Rosa
We will start the day with an hour drive to the "Huaca el Brujo". This splendid monumental adobe brick pyramid was used by different cultures during the Moche period (100 - 750 AC) and this is the place where the "Lady of Cao" lived, she was the first female emperor of Peru (100 AC). The mural paintings are still intact and the site museum contains remains and belongings of the "Lady of Cao". Then we continue to Chiclayo with time for lunch on the way. In the evening we visit the centre of Chiclayo and its herbal market, a place where the traditional healers or shamans still buy their herbs. If you prefer a more relaxing tour, you can visit Monsefu, a place where you can buy unique, local handicrafts. We later visit Santa Rosa and small fishing village and finishing in Pimentel, where fishermen also use the famous "Caballitos de Totora".
Overnight in Chiclayo or Lambayeque cities.
Day 3: Túcume - museum Tumbas Reales - Huaca Rajada (the tomb of the Lord of Sipán)
Today we visit to the archaeological site of Túcume where we will see 26 truncated pyramids up to 35 meters high, which were built by the Lambayeque culture (800-1470 AC). We visit the splendid Tumbas Reales museum that houses the tomb of the "Lord of Sipán", the most important archaeological discovery in Latin America in the last 30 years. We have time for lunch in Lambayeque and in the afternoon we wil visit the site of "Huaca Rajada" (the tomb of the Lord of Sipán) where lie the remains of a Mochica leader, discovered in 1987.
Overnight in Chiclayo or Lambayeque cities.
Day 4: Last day
Transfer to Chiclayo airport for your flight back to Lima
IncludedHotels included:Two nights in Chiclayo and one night in Lambayeque.Entrance tickets:All entrance tickets for the places to visit mentioned in the program.Excursions:All excursions as mentioned in the programGuide:Official guides during excursions.Meals:Meals as mentioned in program.
- Flights:International flights
- Flights and or buses. to Trujillo and from Chicalyo.
- Domestic flights Lima/ Trujillo & Chiclayo/Lima (From USD $ 90 per route)
- Bus: Lima/Trujillo: $25.00 for reclined seats, Semi-sleeper seat (VIP) at $ 38.00
- Bus: Chiclayo/Lima: $28.00 for reclined seats, Semi-sleeper seat (VIP) at $ 60.00
- Flight taxes: National and international departure airport taxes
- Tips: Tips at airports, hotels and tips for guides, drivers or other personal.
- Insurance: Travel insurance
- NOTE: Prices shown for transportation are only referential.
Hotel Inti is a 3 star hotel perfectly located at less then 500 meters awaty from the main square. The rooms at the top floors have a nice view.
Clean rooms with hot water 24 hours, free WiFi in your room and in the morinng a great buffet breakfast with ample selction of scrambled egg, ham, buns, toast, cereals, coffee and tea as much as you like.
Hotel Los Conquistadores in Trujillo is perfectly situated at only 2 blocks form the mian squeare.
Room are spacious, breakfast opulent and the staff friendly and service minded. There is free Wifi and computers with internet access in the lobby.
Occupancy Economic 3*** Comfort 4**** Luxury 5**** Prices in US$. Double room US $ 680 US $ 770 Please Consult us. Single room supplement US $ 145 US $ 250
Tours in group service do not include the Market and the beach.
* Prices for 2018